Feb 27, 2013

Fruit Smoothies

Recently my parents bought a food processor, which totally made my day because I've been wanting to make homemade smoothies for a really long time. The food processor comes with a blender, perfectly suitable for making smoothies. I've tried some smoothie recipes I found online, but finally I decided to make my own. 

Ingredients:

75 gram frozen fruit
1 glass yoghurt or buttermilk
1 tablespoon white sugar



I start by choosing the fruit I want to use. I buy the frozen fruit in the grocery store. I'm currently using raspberry's and mango, but any fruit will do. The frozen fruit has to be defrosted, which means you'll either defrost it in the microwave or take it out of the freezer before making the smoothie.

I'm not using any measurements, because I'm adding as much or as little as I want (depending on what I want the smoothie to taste like). Thus the measurements in this blogpost are an estimate. I'm adding about 75 gram of frozen fruit and I'm putting this directly in the blender.



I'll either use yoghurt or buttermilk as the liquid base for the smoothie. I usually pour one glass of in the blender, but you can add more if you'd like to. I love the taste of buttermilk in the smoothie, because it's a little bit more sour. However the yoghurt makes the smoothie thicker, which is a great option as well.



Finally I add one tablespoon of sugar to make the smoothie a little bit tastier. If you'd like the smoothie to be healthier, you won't need to add any sugar. If you're sugar crazy, than by any means, add as much as you'd like!



Start the blender and blend the ingredients for about one minute. Check the taste and consistency of the smoothie and either add more fruit, milk or sugar or pour the smoothie into a glass!




Enjoy! Leave a comment below telling me your favourite smoothie recipe or flavour!